Fun facts about the rider
- Alvin has been wearing Patagonia clothing since 1989 and has saved boxes of catalogs. His wardrobe is almost exclusively Patagonia and he still rocks some of his older fashions.
- Alvin has now met both of his heroes: Yvon Chouinard and Jerry Garcia.
- Some of Alvin’s favorite outdoor sports include telemark skiing, rock climbing, canoeing, surfing, backpacking, and of course bicycling!
- One of Alvin’s life goals is to become the oldest Olympic swimmer and/or speed skater.
- In 1990 Alvin road over 5,800 miles from Washington to Florida raising money for Reyes Syndrome Foundation.
- He swam with wild dolphins at the age of 17